Dear Presenters of CITERS 2014,
Warm reminders for presenters of CITE Research Symposium 2014 on 13-14 June 2014
The CITE Research Symposium 2014 will be held on 13-14 June from 08:45 – 17:00 on 13 & 14 June 2014 in Rayson Huang Theatre & rooms of Runme Shaw Building, The University of Hong Kong. Thank you very much for your contribution and we would like to draw your attention to the following points:
- Program and room assigned: Please kindly refer to the program of the symposium from http://citers2014.cite.hku.hk/program-overview/parallel-sessions/ for time and venue of your presentation. Please refer to the symposium website http://citers2014.cite.hku.hk for other details.
- Archive page on website: For archive purpose, presentation files will be uploaded onto the website after the event. Please send your final version of presentation files to email@example.com before 23 June 2014.
- Technical testing for presentation: presenters who wish to do testing in the room assigned for their presentations can go to the room for the testing according to the time below:
Parallel Sessions Time Testing Time for presenters (if needed) RHT RMS 203 RMS 204 RMS 205 RMS 206 RMS 101 RMS 104 13 June 2014 (Fri) Parallel session 1 10:20-11:20 09:50-10:20 09:50-10:20 09:50-10:20 09:50-10:20 09:50-10:20 Parallel session 2 11:30-12:30 09:50-10:20 09:50-10:20 09:50-10:20 09:50-10:20 09:50-10:20 Parallel session 3 16:00-17:00 15:30-16:00 15:30-16:00 15:30-16:00 15:30-16:00 15:30-16:00 14 June 2014 (Sat) Parallel session 4 11:45-12:45 10:40-11:00 11:15-11:45 11:15-11:45 11:15-11:45 11:15-11:45 11:15-11:45 11:15-11:45 Parallel session 5 14:15-15:15 13:45-14:15 13:45-14:15 13:45-14:15 13:45-14:15 13:45-14:15 13:45-14:15 13:45-14:15
- Computer equipment and projection: Each room is equipped with a computer and presenters can bring their presentation files in USB flash drive. Or Presenters can bring their own computer and computer cables on 13-14 June 2014. Computer projection (and sound system if needed) will be provided in the room assigned for your sessions. If presenter is going to play any multi-media files or video, please inform firstname.lastname@example.org about the file format(s) before 10 June 2014. If your device is not having a VGA or HDMI output, please remember to bring your own adapter/dongle (eg iPad, Macbook Air). We cannot guarantee having enough video adaptors for all kinds of device.
- There is a free WiFi service “HKU Open WiFi” to visitors of the University. Connection to this service is easy and no registration is required. Details please refer to URL: (http://www.its.hku.hk/documentation/guide/network/wifi/openwifi). The speed is 802.11n 1 Gbps covering major areas in the campus. Please refer to URL: (http://www.its.hku.hk/documentation/guide/network/wifi/location) about the locations of HKU Open WiFi Connection Points. This service uses unencrypted channel and is not secured. To conduct confidential transactions or transmit sensitive data, you should use “Universities WiFi” with encrypted connection channel. Please provide with your wireless card MAC address on the “Other request” area above if necessary.
- Photography and video may be taken at your session by the organizer. Please inform email@example.com if you have any objection to the arrangements.
- Online feedback form: CITE has prepared an online feedback from at our event website: http://citers2014.cite.hku.hk/registration/feedback-form/ that is accessible as from 13 June 2014. Please kindly complete the feedback form before 27 June 2014.
- Furniture and seating plans table setting in each room is fixed and please do not change the setting by yourself.
- Personal belongings: Presenters are reminded to remove materials of their sessions and to take care of their own personal belongings during the session. Any materials left unattended in the room will be disposed.
- Certificate for presenter: Each presenter will be given one certificate after the completion of the presentation. Presenter who is involved in more than 1 parallel session will only be given one certificate.
- Finish on time: Presenters are reminded to follow strictly to the time allocated to their sessions and finish the presentations on time, so that the presenters of the next session can get prepared.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed in the rooms and smoking is strictly prohibited. Presenters are reminded to keep all rooms clean and tidy.
- No free parking space is available for presenters and participants.
If you have any queries, please send email to http://citers2014.cite.hku.hk.
Thank you for your kind attention.
Centre for Information Technology in Education (CITE)